Saturday 28 February 2009

The Spirit of Sarayu

Today everything seems to be different. All day long I have had the feeling that some unseen force is one jump ahead of me, and knows every move I am about to make. When I saw Maya briefly this afternoon I had the impression that we were both thinking the same thoughts, and some instinct left us saying very little to each other. Often we are the last to know when things are about to get worse, and so I am trying to keep my mind as empty as possible. A lot of people have been getting sick in the past few days, and not coming into work. Last night I could not sleep very well, but so far I've been spared any other symptoms. The chief censor was rather critical of my latest episode of Grail Warcraft, saying that some of the storyline could be interpreted as being subversive, and hinted darkly that I should be more careful about letting errors creep into the system. When I went to collect my food rations, for some reason they had been reduced without any explaination being given. Paranoia does not help in this sort of situation. Maybe they are on to us, and just watching what we are up to. Maybe it's just a run of bad luck. Either way we need to be more careful. The search for the spacetime node is getting nowhere. The struggle against the thought that we are trapped in this nightmare is getting harder. Events are speeding up and seem to be converging on a point somewhere in the near future. Something Isis once said stuck in my mind this afternoon, "When there is no conflict inside, there is no conflict outside. Remember the spirit of Sarayu can never be contained or limited. She is the essence of freedom."

No comments: