Tuesday 24 February 2009

Feeding the ducks in the park after lunch with Maya and Isis. We were all still in a state of shock after yesterday's burning of the books. Life has become so surreal. Maya is getting a bit depressed. She likes me, I know, but as an Alpha, she would never be allowed to have a Beta as a partner. It would be against the breeding regulations. Thanks to her I got to know the other members of the resistance. Isis is the leader of our cell. She's a tough cookie. With a Ph.D. in life sciences, Isis has charisma. When she walks in a room she commands attention, although she says very little. How she stays so positive I do not know. Today we talked about the consequences and complications of time travel. Isis said we should be careful not to alter anything, as we do not know when the spacetime node was open. We have decided not to tell of any history before 2012, as we all believe that the node was some time before the end of 2011. Of course in outline I can say that the economic crisis that started in 2008 got a lot, lot worse. Mass unemployment, and clashes between the far right and left, squeezed out the middle of politics. A viral pandemic came, and was complicated by the emergence of an AIDS2 virus, that also slowly destroys the human immune system. Both led to millions of deaths worldwide, and by January 2012 England had a population on the ID Register of just under fifteen million. Our main issue is always energy. There are no more cars, only public transport, delivery vans and lorries, all running on ethanol. No trains run as there are not enough people to manage the system. I remember that when I first started to get the text messages from the future, back in 2009, I thought that I could start a conversation with my future self through this blog. However I soon realized that that could compromise the future, so I decided to stay silent, and not tell anyone of my plans. Instead I just added the odd YouTube video for light relief, and as a way of giving at least one or two cryptic clues for those wise enough to figure them out. After all, if we find the node, it could be that somehow I don't make it to the better timeline we are seeking. We call it Codename Nirvana, or the Nirvana timeline. We know that it's out there. We just have to find it.
"How sour sweet music is
When time is broke and no proportions kept!
So it is in the music of men's lives."
Somehow being able to read that in the original 17th century First Folio gives me hope. Well worth the price (in those days) of one pound.

No comments: